[TYPO3-50-general] Rebuilding Backend GUI

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Mar 10 10:24:51 CET 2008

Hi Peter,

Am 07.03.2008 um 11:19 schrieb Peter Bartels:

> Has anyone thought about rebuilding the backend GUI? I have
> experience with
> both Typo3 and ExtJS. I think ExtJs can be an excellent choice for
> having
> interactive/fast GUI's and AJAX support. See http://www.extjs.com
>
> I want to build such a GUI, which will have to support core
> functions like
> scaffolding, form generation, persistence, data binding, wizards, etc.
>
> Because of the new 5.0 architecture, I suppose now is the right
> moment to
> develop this. But how can I use the new architecture?? Is Flow3
> sufficient
> or what core elements will be needed??
> Any thoughts on this are welcome :)

I do have plans for the TYPO3 5 backend which you'll surely like.
We'll start
with a more intensive brainstorming phase and first implementations
after the
T3BOARD08 (ie. in April). I gladly invite you joining us in that
brainstorming
and of course the development, if you like.

Which JS framework we'll use is still do be decide upon but extJS
surely is
a really sophisticated one. However, what I most fear currently is
that it's
just to heavy. Rumors (and my own experience) with high memory usage
and lots
of leaks are not very encouraging. However, that might have changed
with v2 -
I haven't played so much with the 2.0 final yet.

robert
--
http://typo3.org/gimmefive
http://buzz.typo3.org/people/robert-lemke/