[TYPO3-50-general] understanding the AOP implementation

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Jul 17 12:09:55 CEST 2008

Hi Peter,

Am 17.07.2008 um 11:35 schrieb Peter Niederlag:

>> class F3_Peter_SomeAspect {
>>
>>   /**
>>    * @pointcut within(F3_TypoScript_TypoScriptObjectInterface)
>>    */
>>    protected $typoScriptObjects;
>
> I thought named pointcuts use function declarations as names? Which
> IMO
> is kind of very hard to understand/ a little weird. :-< variable
> declarations as name for the pointcut seems to be more appropriate
> to me.

hmm, my fault - I didn't read the documentation.

Yes, _currently_ pointcuts need to be defined as methods:

   /**
    * @pointcut within(F3_TypoScript_TypoScriptObjectInterface)
    */
   public function typoScriptObjects() {}

I mixed that up with introductions.

But you're right, maybe we should change that because using properties
as an anchor for named pointcuts is more intuitive (as I've proven
myself).

Cheers,
robert