[TYPO3-50-general] Discussion to CodingStandards

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Jan 14 13:35:08 CET 2008

Hi Malte,

Am 14.01.2008 um 12:50 schrieb Malte Jansen:

> ---- Guide To T3 5.0 -> CGL
> Files and file names
>  * Names of configuration files must names start with configuration_
>
> What configuration is ment here. Some internal package configuration
> or
> some configuration like:
> - PackageConfiguration.php
> - Configurations.conf

Files in the Configuration/ directory. But just ignore that for
now ... we
don't have this ready yet.

> ---- CodingStandards
>
> (RL) currently we don't need to worry about that. As soon as we have
> the
> persistence manager in place, you don't care about databases anyway.
> But
> even if you do, we shouldn't be that restrictive.
>

> What does the persistence manager exactly do?
> Just checking DB-issues? Or does it replace queries?

It completely hides the fact that you are working with a database.
Queries
still exist, but you probably won't use SQL anymore but create query
objects
and submit them to the content repository.

So ... we better skip these checks for now, as I see it they would
only cause
problems now.

robert
--