[TYPO3-50-general] Discussion to CodingStandards

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Jan 14 09:01:13 CET 2008

Hi Malte,

Am 21.12.2007 um 12:01 schrieb Malte Jansen:

> what about
>
> Abstract-Classes?
>
> I have not found any thing about it. But sometimes there are pretty
> useful...
>
> Should there be some checks?
> Should "Abstract" be mentioned in the Name?
>
> MyPackage/Classes/T3_MyPackage_MyBaseAbstract.php

yes. But the class name should start with "Abstract" because most of
the time the
abstract class would end up alone in its own namespace:

   T3_UNKNOWN3_MVC_Controller_AbstractController

and not

   T3_UNKNOWN3_MVC_Controller_Abstract (like it's currently)
   T3_UNKNWON3_MVC_Controller_ControllerAbstract
   T3_UNKNWON3_MVC_ControllerAbstract

I added that to the CGL documentation. Please let me known if it's
unclear or
doesn't make sense for you.

> So Abstract Classes should not be loaded with the ComponentManager...

done.

> What about a Interface in Tests?
> How should they look like?

Currently we don't test interface and I don't think we should. But if
you have
good arguments ...

robert
--