[TYPO3-50-general] Discussion to CodingStandards

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Jan 14 08:52:18 CET 2008

Hi Malte,

Am 13.12.2007 um 15:50 schrieb Malte Jansen:

> "Comment to Spaces / Tabs "
>
> Space will cost a lot space if you have many spaces in one file
> Spaces are used in "Common License" and "PHPdoc-Comments".

I don't think that is very important. Memory is cheap these days and
spaces will be automatically removed by PHP accelerators or when
compressed
into an archive.

> What about a default tab indent? Each editor-application supports
> changing this value. But by default most editor-applications uses 4
> spaces for one tab (If I remember all editors, which I had tested).
> If everybody would use the recommaned indent it would be no problem...

I just updated the Coding Guidelines a little and and added an example.
The general rule is: Use tabs at the beginning of the line and use
spaces
at other places where horizontal layout is important.

robert
--
http://typo3.org/gimmefive
http://buzz.typo3.org/people/robert-lemke/