[TYPO3-50-general] TYPO3CGL package

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Wed Feb 13 10:53:47 CET 2008

Hi Sebastian,
Sebastian Kurfuerst schrieb:
> Hey Tim,
>
>>> Then we'll have to find a way to include it into the
>>> Forge modules - that's a subject you'd have to talk with Martin Herr and
>>> Sebastian Kurfürst. The idea is that there's a new module "Metrics" for
>>> each project in Forge which has sub tabs for CGL compliance, test
>>> results, code coverage etc.
>>>

>> how should we do that? are they reading here also? *wave* or is there a
>> own forge mailing list?
>>
> Reading here... ;-) I am currently in my examination period, so my time
> for typo3 is a bit limited...  However, I'll do my best to get everything
Timmy and I are our examination periods too. ;)

> working as soon as possible - and to integrate the sniffs to forge.
> How do the "sniffing" scripts work? Is the result of the sniff a HTML
> page, or is the sniffing a two-step process? (Sniffing -> XML result
> data -> HTML)

I have wrapped the Sniff-Part into a common Validator for checking any
files,directories or PHPsniff.
The datas are stored in a report-model (MVC). Until now we have just the
HTML output, with some colorful icons ;) But it should be no Problem to
get an XML-Files adding just the xml-templates...
Perhaps a xml-File should be always generated. What do you think?

> I'm planning to run the unit tests of a package not on forge.typo3.org,
> due to security concerns, but run them on a seperate testing server
> instead. The results will then be transferred as XML back to forge, and
> then rendered to HTML.
If there are security concerns for unit tests. They'll be there for the
Validator too.
Do you already  have good CLI-example working?
Is there already a xml-format/design for sending these information?

> So, I'm still thinking whether the sniffs should be run on the testing
> server, or on forge itself... Any opinions?

I had in mind, that we could also manage/check all exceptions with the
FLOW3CGL. It's pretty is easy to find them in files. In the Wiki
(wiki.typo3.org) they can be easily lost. It would be some kind of Issue
Tracker with comments (The best one could be marked by the
project-members/package-author).
What do you think. If there would be a XML-file (same as above or
separate) with all exceptions listed.

---

IMO it's not a good to have several places for managing documents (wiki
and forge). It's annoying to switch the location.

E.G. normally you'll get an exception, when you are developing some
package. So you have to go to the wiki page (link). Perhaps there is a
bug, so you have to switch to forge.

Changes in the Documation could be connected to the SVN-#ID, so you
could versionize the features direktly with the change in a document.

Cheers,

Malte