[TYPO3-50-general] ObjectManager and ObjectFactory

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Wed Dec 10 15:53:25 CET 2008

Hi Martin,

Am 20.11.2008 um 09:38 schrieb Martin Kutschker:

>>> F3::FLOW3::Object::Manager::getObject(...)
>>> F3::FLOW3::Object::Factory::create(...)

> get() / getObject()
> create() / createObject()

well, the only purpose of the Object Factory is to create objects
and as Karsten wrote, we stick to the common name "create" here
(as usually used with the Factory pattern).

Of course it would be nice / make sense to have a "get" method in
the Object Manager but the Object Manager has more duties than
just returning objects, therefore it would be unclear what get()
would really return.

If the Object Manager would be an Object Registry, get() would make
a lot of sense.

Cheers,
robert