[TYPO3-50-general] PHP-Editor with refactoring features?

Irene Höppner irene.hoeppner at abezet.de
Mon Dec 8 22:05:27 CET 2008

Hi all,

I was on a refactoring seminar a few weeks ago (which I won for joining
a reader's survey - very nice ;-)). In the seminar we used Eclipse and
refactored some java-code. The possibilities and assistance by eclipse
where pretty cool. Renaming class-, attribute-, method-names by just
changing them at one place and eclipse takes care of changing all the
necessary other places (and only the necessary ones!) was the simpliest
feature of the refactoring browser in eclipse. However, that stuff
doesn't work for PHP.

Now my question: Do you have any experience with refactoring-support in
any PHP-Editor?
I got one hint from the trainer:
http://blog.coldewey.com/agile/2008/12/08/refactoring-mit-php/

Thx for your answers!