[TYPO3-50-general] php 5.3 alpha3

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sun Dec 7 14:53:41 CET 2008

Hi.

Christoph Blömer wrote:
> The framework will be refactored to this in the next time i think.

Yes, we have been waiting for alpha3 to be release eagerly. I compiled
alpha3 on Friday and have already tried out some changes to see how far
the syntax change can be automnated.

There is some manual work needed, as not all occurences of :: can simply
be relaced by \ (think class constants or static methid calls). I am
certain that we'll have the new namespace syntax by the end of next
week, though.

> Until then I stick to the alpha2.

If that works for you, the most stable release so far seems to have been
alpha1.

Regards,
Karsten