[TYPO3-50-general] New persistence code in SVN, one known issue, one missing feature

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Fri Dec 5 23:32:17 CET 2008

Hi folks.

This evening I finally put my persistence changes into SVN. This solved
a bunch of open issues, all tests run green, local system tests seemed
fine. Hooray.

But, you cannot prove a system has no errors through testing. Christoph
Bloemer pointed out an error that probably crept in when I was done
working on the Blog and had merged changes back to my main development
codebase to adjust dirty checking some more.

Anyway, what happens is that objects used multiple times (tags in the
blog example) are attached to their parent object only once, subsequent
uses get not persisted. Darn. I know why, and will look into a solution.

The missing feature is aggregate boundary detection, this will allow
links from one aggregate to other aggregate roots.

Anyway, I will probably have a go at the new namespace syntax first.

Regards,
Karsten