[TYPO3-50-general] ExtJS Package

Thomas Fritz fritztho at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:50:56 CET 2008

Thank you for the information.

> > What is the purpose of this package within the Framework?
> > What is planned for this Package?
> Currently it just bundles the ExtJS framework as a package, resulting in
> ExtJS being available in the public resources folder of the framework
> after initialization.
So this package will not be removed in the future?

> We still have an idea in our heads to provide a "PHP binding to the
> browser", where you can instantiate and configure "widgetes" in PHP and
> that is transformed to HTML and JS automatically. One target for that
> could be ExtJS, the needed glue code would go into the ExtJS package as
> well.

That would be great. I think Ext would be a great choice for the
client side. Also there is ExtGWT but no counterpart for PHP on the
serverside.
Especially for the coming Ext.Direct thing, which will be a comet
implementation - there will be a big need for a good server side
binding with Ext i think.
If could vote for that i would do it. ;-)

> > Are there some samples?
> Well, ExtJS is used for the TYPO3CR admin and the experimental TYPO3
> admin interface currently. Nothing cool there, so far.

I'll take a look at it. Thank you.

Tom