[TYPO3-50-general] Competition: Best replacement for "and"/"or" wanted!

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Fri Aug 1 11:04:45 CEST 2008

Hi Ries.

ries van Twisk wrote:
> out of my curiosity... How are Mathematical Functions and Operators
> support in the below case?
>
> For example:
>
> select to_timestamp( '2008-'||gs||'-1', 'YYYY-MM-DD')::date FROM
> generate_series(1,12) AS gs WHERE (gs & 1) != 0
>
> Can you do the & in the where clause if needed?

Er, no. What you want is fetch some objects from persitent storage, and
I never had the need to do something like you described. This example in
particular generates data, you'd do that within your domain object.

Regards,
Karsten

PS:  Maybe there is, but let's wait until we are further with the
implementation...