[TYPO3-50-general] a JS framework for TYPO3 5.0 and FLOW3

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Apr 27 11:52:01 CEST 2008

Hi!

I have thought a bit about the JS problem after UI discussion on the list.

My conclusion is that TYPO3 5.0 or FLOW3 would benefit from a JS
framework that accompanies it. The base JS code could be independent,
but there would be some add-on code that ties PHP and JS together.

Why? The 5.0 team has laboured to create a new framework with a (new)
programming paradigm. It's only natural that the same paradigm is to be
used in all programming aspects of the application to be written.
Therefore the JS framework should also adhere to DDD, AOP etc. The
advantage is that any programmer doesn't need to "switch" between the
paradigms when he codes PHP and JS to create a FLOW3 web application.

Another advantage I see is that a tied JS framework could be used for
PHP/JS cross-language object persistence and other nice couplings.

Even more ambitious would be a JS generating PHP system like the Google
Web Toolkit. The ideas is that you need to know only one language. In
our case PHP (GWT is in Java).

That said, the team needs a qualified JS developer who evaluates the
existing JS frameworks and is willing to adopt FLOW3's paradigms for JS.
Ideally the result would be, like FLOW3, a sub-project for general use.

Masi