[TYPO3-50-general] First Preview of the "AOPBrowser"

Michael Feinbier typo3 at feinbier.net
Tue Apr 15 13:59:46 CEST 2008

Hi Robert,

Robert Lemke schrieb:
> Hi Michael,

> Great work, looks really promising! Seems like you have built the very
> first
> AJAX application based on FLOW3!

Thank you very much :)

> There are some minor suggestions I have related to using the MVC
> framework etc.
> but apart from that it all seems to work fine.

I really like to hear your suggestions. As mentioned some smaller things
will be moved. Maybe we can communicate via mail? Otherwise just post it
here :)

> You don't do any unit testing, do you?

I do. There are Unit-Tests for the public-Functions of the browser.
Currently some tests fail because i changed something last days without
changing the tests. But this will be changed this week
http://flow3.denkweite.de/Testing

> Would be interesting if someonelse can run it on a Windows machine, just
> to see how extJS performs ...

The current "speed" is not optimized. Currently the whole Framework is
loaded in a debug and uncompressed mode. In productive enviroments you
can build your own "ExtJS" with only the features you need and compress it.
I will do this later... currently the ExtJS-Files are with a load of
900kb not very performant ;)

Greets

Michael