[TYPO3-50-general] Typo3 5.0 on a virtual disk image

Alban Cousinié ace at mind2machine.com
Wed Nov 21 11:02:29 CET 2007

In any case I can also host the file as I have several high speed servers
myself.

However there are websites hosted on these servers and since the file may
end up being quite big, I fear it could suck all my bandwidth if the count
of downloads is high. If the file is 150 megs and there are a 100 downloads
a day, this is already 15 GB/day. My bandwidth is illimited, but I also have
to ensure a quality of service for my paying customers.
Maybe I could set up a torrent server which would just serve this file, and
if there are other downloads running, the P2P would reduce the bandwidth
consumed. I'd have to find some software which does this on a command line
linux. If anyone knows any...

Anyone have a clue of how many Typo3 4.0 get downloaded per day ?
And how many Typo3 5.0 SVN checkout per day ?

PS : JeOS is up and running in my vmware today. Now it's time to configure.
A first issue I have met is ubuntu detecting my keyboard layout as French
(azerty) and self-configuring with it. This may be problematic for people
having Qwerty keyboards. But it should be fixable by some command. I'll have
to find which.

Alban Cousinié
http://www.mind2machine.com