[TYPO3-50-general] OrthoScript

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon May 14 13:11:28 CEST 2007

Elmar Hinz schrieb:
> Am Sun, 13 May 2007 18:36:04 +0200 schrieb Martin Kutschker:
>
>> Huh? YOu can use either locallang.php or locallang.xml for your
>> extensoins. The TYPO3 API supports both formats and you don't have to
>> worry about anything, let alone write transformation code.
>
> Right. But once you have converted to XML with the xdev tools, you are on
> the XML track, and it's a burdon to edit it by hand. TS would be much
> faster to edit, even faster than the PHP array.

You mean something like a locallang.ts file? If it's in UTF8 fine with me,
but note that the XML format has some features like file referencing . You
don't need all those features for extensions, but the Core makes use of it.

Could of course be solved by inventing a locallang.ts specific enhanced TS
syntax.

Masi