[TYPO3-50-general] OrthoScript

Mon May 14 10:19:02 CEST 2007

>> Now probably there is no configuration format any more, but the objects
>> themself from the very beginning.
>
> That was the idea.
>
> Masi

Very, very cool.

It took me just 2 hours yesterday to set up a prototype of such
an object tree generation interface from scratch. Very smart thingi.

To quote your Posting from t.dev:

<quote>
> And what about TS for vs. 5.0?

See threads in typo3.projects.typo3-5_0.general

The plan is to represent TS objects as PHP objects. Every TS configuration
variable will be a PHP property of the object. So there will be no
configuation array but a TS object tree.

This means that any C parser may still read the TS code but will have to
instantiate PHP objects. For the PHP parser the idea is to use reflection
for syntax checking. Maybe the C parser needs an extra step and we need to
create an external XML file (eg in Relax NG or whatever) file that
describes the syntax.

Please post any comments on this plan in the mentioned list!

Masi
</quote>

Why transforming the generated tree to TS or XML at all? I would
simply streamline the whole generated object tree into the db and pull it
out when needed. It also could be stored into a file in JSON format.

Regards

Elmar