[TYPO3-50-general] Creation of the new BE & FE UI's

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu May 10 17:36:02 CEST 2007

> Hello to all CORE devs here :)
> I - and the hci list - would like to ask you whether you can inform
> us, as soon as you plan to code the new UI's for TYPO3. As we are
> currently 'developing' and testing new interface concepts we think
> that we should work together right from the start in order to get the
> best integration into T3 as possible.

What about this one?
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/apolloruntime.html
http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Apollo:Applications:Samples

especially "fresh" and "scout" seem to be interesting.

Advantages:
    Cross browser (in fact you don't need a browser at all)
    Real Flash application without any AJAX monsters
    Possibility to build an intuitive and interactive GUI
Disadvantages:
    Currently not completely cross platform (only Win and Mac)

But maybe the flex approach would be enough:
http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flex_Module_for_Apache_and_IIS

Advantages:
    Cross browser (runs with flash player)
    Real Flash application without any AJAX monsters
    Possibility to build an intuitive and interactive GUI
Disadvantages:
    Currently not completely cross platform (doesn't run on my AMD64 but
available for Apache, IIS, Win, Mac (intel and PPC), Linux)
    Requires JDK and Flex SDK on the server side

Anybody interested in evaluating one of them or even both?

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de