[TYPO3-50-general] TypoScript 2.0 framework

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu May 3 11:04:06 CEST 2007

What? Yet another framework? Why?

Well, TS 1.0 already is a kind of framework. The basic syntax is not only
used for rendering the page, but also to define the constants and to
configure users and page settings of the BE. So the underlying framework
(parser) should handle this too. The fine point is that in an configuration
context there is no output. And I want to reuse the syntax for other stuff
like mapping external data (eg LDAP, CSV) to some internal representation
(see LDAP authentication classes). Perhaps this frameweork can be used even
without any TYPO3 at all.

* Preprocessor

The prepocessor handles the conditions and may be used to set constants
from within the TS "file". Noteworthy is that the context of the
prepocessor varies, so the preprocessor itself should not know anything
about IP addresses or tree levels. Instead it should use a class that
implements a "context interface" to execute the conditions.

* Parser

The parser has as input a constants array and an optional a rendering
context (eg HTML, plain text, PDF). Also it needs to know which TS objects
are allowed. The reason is that we need to know if we do  a TS template, a
page TS or a user TS.

Masi