[TYPO3-50-general] TypoScript 2.0 EBNF

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Wed Jun 13 10:30:50 CEST 2007

Hi Christian,

Am 31.05.2007 um 18:39 schrieb Christian Welzel:

>> TypoScriptLine = { { Whitespace } ( ConfinementBlock | Declaration |
>> ParseCondition | Comment | ObjectDefinition) { Whitespace } };
>>
>> ConfinementBlock = ObjectPath { Whitespace } "{" { Whitespace }
>> LineBreak { TypoScriptLine } { WhiteSpace } "}" ;
>
> Do you really want to have include- and namespace-decls in a block?
> something like this:
>
> foo.bar  {
>   include ...
> }
>
> What should that mean?

I don't mind if namespace declarations are allowed in blocks, they even
should. As for the include declarations I would allow them too - the
TS code will then be included in the scope of the current confinement.

> Here i have reordered your doc for better readability and removed
> the WhiteSpaces:
>
> http://www.camlann.de/TYPO3_50_general_TypoScript_2_0_EBNF.txt
>
> I also moved the Linebreak from TypoScript to TypoScriptLine.

Thank you. In the meantime I have included the EBNF into the package
documentation and committed it to SVN. Unfortunately the 5.0 server
is currently offline, but as it's online again you find it in the
directory Packages/TypoScript/Documentation/TypoScript_Grammar_EBNF.txt

Do you mind sending me a DIFF against that version?
And I'm still not sure if we shouldn't leave the whitespace ...

Cheers,
robert
--
http://typo3.org/gimmefive