[TYPO3-50-general] TypoScript 2.0 syntax

Wed Jun 13 09:26:26 CEST 2007

Am Wed, 13 Jun 2007 08:25:07 +0200 schrieb Ingo Renner:

> Robert Lemke wrote:
>
> Hi Robert,
>
>> To implement a feature like assigning NULL, TRUE or FALSE, it's sufficient
>> to predefine such a TypoScript constant and set it to the respective value.
>
> sure, but I still/just don't like to have that uppercase typing for
> them... it's just not natural, doesn't feel right. They're kind of
> "special" constants...
>
> Ingo

Hi

I like Roberts coding guidelines. They are very consitstent. It's the
recommended way to use constants in PHP as upppercase. For me it's
consequent to use them in TS in the same way.

But I don't like PHP constants in general, because they are in the global
space. Class variables and constants are the better alternatives for me.
They are not uppercase.

http://php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.constants.php

If it's done analogous in TS , only buildin global constants would be
uppercase in result.

Regards

Elmar