[TYPO3-50-general] TypoScript syntax: Array indexes

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Jul 19 14:24:25 CEST 2007

Am 19.07.2007 um 12:40 schrieb Elmar Hinz:

> that's much clearer now. The point is that you want to make a clean
> decision
> already during parsing.
>
> page.thing = something ???
>
> Your question is: Is this treated as an object porperty or is it an
> array
> key of an internal object? You don't want to postpone this decision
> until
> you know about the internals.

If we can be absolutely sure that we don't need to know the complete
semantics
at parse time, we can keep things like they are of course. So, what
speaks
against keeping it? My first thoughts are:

   - Syntax highlighting can be done without knowing which objects
exist, what
     type they're of and what properties they have

   - Autocompletion is probably easier to implement

   - A developer can easier guess what the object model behind looks
like
     by just reading the TS source, without knowing the object model.
     (is that relevant?)

   - It's way easier to parse and probably faster to parse (no
reflection involved)

Do you have more?

robert
--