[TYPO3-50-general] TypoScript syntax: Array indexes

Elmar Hinz elmar07 at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:58:50 CEST 2007

> This definition implies that "anotherObject", "sub1" and "sub2"
> should behave like an array, but they haven't been defined anywhere!
> We could agree on that if objects are created _implicitly_, they
> don't become true "ContentArray" objects but are just dumb PHP arrays

Hi,

we learn from other languages like JAVA or Ruby that it's quite useful, if
all thingies have an object nature. I think of objects, that implement the
PHP5 Interfaces "ArrayObject" and "Iterator". That gives us the possibility
to enrich these class with other useful functions when needed. We couldn't
do that with plain arrays.

http://php.net/manual/en/ref.spl.php
http://php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.iterations.php

SPL objects are implemented in C. They are fast.

Regards

Elmar