[TYPO3-50-general] TypoScript syntax: Array indexes

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Jul 19 11:55:43 CEST 2007

> there is a siginificant difference without knowing of internals.
> "subParts."
> is a node with subnodes, while "file" is a leaf. The difference of "x"
> and "x." So that should not be a problem.
>
> Maybe you could give a better example for the ambiguity?

yes, I'll try:

page = Page
page.bodyTag = Text
page.thing = Text
page.10 = Text

bodyTag: That's probably a property of the Page object.
thing: That might be a property but could also be the same as "10"
10: That's probably a subobject because we know that numbers are
frequently used as indexes. Theoretically it could be a property, too.

robert
--
http://typo3.org/gimmefive