[TYPO3-50-general] Is there a way to join the development of the 5.0 ?

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Wed Jul 11 07:48:21 CEST 2007

Hi Vlatko,

sorry for the little delay ...

Am 05.07.2007 um 01:27 schrieb Vlatko Surlan:

> I still didn't dig that deep into typo3 4 when it comes to source,
> but I
> would love to get involved in building 5.0. I am very experienced with
> MySQL, I know it almost by heart. PHP is pretty strong and getting
> better by the day. Apache not my stronger point (to whom it is?).
> Doing
> my work in PHPEclipse+dbg on a Debian LAMP, all configured by hand.
> So I
> offer my time and expertise. I'm pretty good at catching bugs (not
> that
> I make so many :D, but somehow I love debugging). I hope I could get
> some beginners job with the 5.0?

At this stage of development, we are very few people (which is good and
important in a way) working on the foundation of TYPO3 5.0. I therefore
have chosen to concentrate on the concepts and development instead of
dedicating myself to classic project mangement and assigning jobs.

Currently we have only few beginners jobs but that will change soon.
Those
who want to participate at this stage have to show a certain amount of
initiative and proactively seek for a job they are interested in. The
members of the current 5.0 team will gladly help answering questions
which
help to get started and understand the architecture.

However, there is one thing I need a lot of help with quite soon and
that is
testing. I'm currently working on a little package which I'd ask
everyone
to install on their servers on different platforms and run the unit
tests.
In addition I'll prepare some documentation which help you getting
started
using the TYPO3 Framework and I'm highly interested in the real-world
problems
which ocur using it.

Finally, if you're a skilled PHP developer, there are some parts of
TYPO3 5.0
you can work on (related to TypoScript objects, the MVC
implementation and
others). However, you'll have to get familiar with the existing code and
documentation before you start.

BTW: You don't need the JavaBridge anymore to get 5.0 running and in
fact we
don't have a working installation with JavaBridge and PHP6.

Cheers,
robert
--
http://typo3.org/gimmefive