[TYPO3-50-general] Dates outside Unix Timestamp

Alban Cousinié ace at mind2machine.com
Mon Dec 31 15:40:13 CET 2007

While looking for a solution to the 1970-2038 limitation, the adodb time
library is said to do the trick nicely.

http://www.xaraya.com/documentation/phpxref/xaradodb/adodb-time.inc.php.sour
ce.txt

PHP native date functions use integer timestamps for computations.
Because of this, dates are restricted to the years 1901-2038 on Unix
and 1970-2038 on Windows due to integer overflow for dates beyond
those years. This library overcomes these limitations by replacing the
native function's signed integers (normally 32-bits) with PHP floating
point numbers (normally 64-bits).

Dates from 100 A.D. to 3000 A.D. and later
have been tested. The minimum is 100 A.D. as <100 will invoke the
2 => 4 digit year conversion. The maximum is billions of years in the
future, but this is a theoretical limit as the computation of that year
would take too long with the current implementation of adodb_mktime().

This library replaces native functions as follows:

<pre>
	getdate()  with  adodb_getdate()
	date()     with  adodb_date()
	gmdate()   with  adodb_gmdate()
	mktime()   with  adodb_mktime()
	gmmktime() with  adodb_gmmktime()
	strftime() with  adodb_strftime()
	strftime() with  adodb_gmstrftime()
</pre>

The parameters are identical, except that adodb_date() accepts a subset
of date()'s field formats. Mktime() will convert from local time to GMT,
and date() will convert from GMT to local time, but daylight savings is
not handled currently.

This library is independant of the rest of ADOdb, and can be used
as standalone code.

PERFORMANCE

For high speed, this library uses the native date functions where
possible, and only switches to PHP code when the dates fall outside
the 32-bit signed integer range.

GREGORIAN CORRECTION

Pope Gregory shortened October of A.D. 1582 by ten days. Thursday,
October 4, 1582 (Julian) was followed immediately by Friday, October 15,
1582 (Gregorian).

Download the inc file:
http://phplens.com/lens/dl/adodb-time.zip

Regards,