[TYPO3-50-general] Willing to help Task #1 Create sniffs for PHP Code Sniffer

Tim Eilers tim.eilers at web.de
Mon Dec 10 21:43:09 CET 2007

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Kurfuerst schrieb:
> The idea is that we have Unit Tests (PHPUnit) which test if the code
> sniffer rules work correctly.
> The tests would consist of some fixtures, that are classes which are
> style-checked by the sniffer - where you know if they contain errors or
> not. So you would test the correctness of your Sniffs with phpunit.

Ah, now i begin to understand. So i create designed errors and look if
the Sniffer returns the right Output?

> Phing is a build tool we use for automatic packaging. It is like "make"
> for C, or "ant" for java.
> So phing integration is not first priority, I can help you out with that
> as well :-)

ok. i know make, but only by entering it after extracting a well
prepared source code ;) never prepared a sourcecode for "make"

>> I extracted "rules" out of the guidelines and tried to set a priority to
>> it. Some of them are never possible to check with Sniffer (take nouns
>> for class names for example), some of them sound easy, but are difficult
>> to implement and some of them are very fast to implement.
>> i experimented a bit and already implemented 'Class name start with T3_'
>> and 'Class name only content A-Za-z0-9 and _'.
>>
> That's great! If you want to, you can upload an intermediate version,
> then we could have a look :)

Where? On my own webspace or somewhere in the 5.0-space?

Have a nice evening,
Tim. (aka timmy in the wiki)