[TYPO3-50-general] TypoScript 2.0 and Relax NG

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Apr 30 10:59:46 CEST 2007

Sebastian Kurfuerst schrieb:

>> Addionally I think we should reuse the old ObjTS idea and turn TS
>> objects into PHP objects. So in the future a TS objects consists of a
>> class and a describing Relax NG definition (which may be linked to
>> help files). IMHO this can even be made flexible so that an extension
>> ships with a class and its own Relax NG definition for custom object.
>> Note that every plugin, must have a Relax NG definition as well.
> Yes, we had this in mind :-) Great to see that you had the same idea, too!
>
> We are not yet at the point where we should define TypoScript - but we
> will of course keep that in mind.

I'm quite thrilled by the idea presented at T3DD07 that the classes
themselves define the syntax of the TS. The details needs to be nailed down
but I'm sure that this will work.

But we need to find a way to store the documentation of the TS object somewhere

Further needs/ideas:

The successor of "stdWrap" must be extensible as well. We need a way to add
multiple methods to the class that handles that.

TS knows three kind of data types:

* scalars (untyped, but in fact PHP strings)
* arrays (numbered PHP arrays)
* TS objcts (4.x: PHP arrays, 5.x: PHP objects)

I feel that the types TS scalar and TS array should be PHP classes as well.
So we can give them methods like "stdWrap" or whatever *. So the programmer
doesn't need to worry about adding stdWrap to a property as every TS scalar
has them.

Masi

*

10.object = SOMEOBJECT