[TYPO3-50-general] [TYPO3-5.0] 5.0 components - a very rough sketch

Sebastian Kurfuerst sebastian at typo3.org
Sat Sep 30 15:02:21 CEST 2006

Hi Dominique,

> Sounds like the content repository is pretty much decided?
Well, we at least know that we need a content repository of some sort...

> Definatelly no: I said it at Dietikon and I'll say it again: I
> don't believe the content repository will be fast until proven
> otherwise. It is slow by design and I really doubt it will scale
> very good.

You talk all about performance - and we of course know that it is very
important.

We are currently _evaluating_ JSR-170, as we hope it handles lots of
our problems (versioning, ...), and scales very well. Of course we do
not know it 100 % yet, but we will get to know that in the following
weeks/months.

If performance turns out to be a serious problem, of course we will
look for another solution then...

I plan to publish some kind of "FAQ" about the Content Repository
during the next days, hope that will answer the question as well.

Greets,
Sebastian