[TYPO3-50-general] [TYPO3-5.0] Team Testing and Benchmark

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Thu Oct 19 13:32:43 CEST 2006

Hi Sven et al.

Any progress on the benchmarking & testing front? Did you set up a team
by now and plan any further steps? We will RSN need some way to run unit
tests, so it would be cool to have at least something preliminary...

Sven Wilhelm wrote:
>> You can of course do this, but there will be a dedicated development
>> server up and running within days, where virtual machines based on
>> VMware server can be set up as needed. Consider this, before wasting
>> resources. :)

That said server is now available and if needed, VMs can be set up.
Until the infrastructure team, which is currently forming, is ready to
go, just post here or email me if you need anything.

> Testing and benchmarking depends on
>
> -> directory layout (no posted)
> -> more conventions on naming (not done yet)

A first draft of the CGL including directory layout and naming
conventions will finished today, so this doesn't count as excuse any
longer starting from tomorrow. :)

Regards,
Karsten
--