[TYPO3-50-general] infos on CR

Michael Feinbier michael at feinbier.net
Thu Oct 19 12:35:50 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Where do I get infos on this CR? I want more than just an exec. summary,
> but don't want to read a hundred pages spec.

I think at the moment there is not more than some ideas and summaries.
Did you look at the video from this years T3CON where Robert and Karsten
talked about the CR?

> What do I want to know?
>
> eg it's said (somewhere on the list) that the CR somehow knows where to
> store data (filesystem, rdbms, ldap server, etc). How does it know? Is
> it up to the site owner to configure it? Must an extension developer
> flag data for SQL retrieval, etc.

IIRC it is not determined yet how to store this CR. But it should be
very difficult to store a CR in a relational Database (like mySQL).
Furthermore I hope that there will be an abstracition layer for storing
the CR which is built-in to TYPO3 5.0 so you should able to decide for
yourself how to store it.
But that is "music of the future" ...

Hope that helped a little bit :)

Regards