[TYPO3-50-general] Data Access Component

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Thu Oct 12 23:46:27 CEST 2006

Hi Martin!

Martin Poelstra wrote:
> A few months ago I was experimenting with storing hierarchical data in a
> relational database. I have created a mockup that allows to import an XML
> file (I'm using one with 200K+ nodes) and search that using XPath.
> I think something like this can be the base of the PHP-based CR.

Absolutely. As we must support XPath to follow JSR-170 it is very good
to see this is possible and we have someone on board that actually has
tried this already!

> Admitted, it's completely unusable for humans, so direct editing of the
> MySQL rows is not recommended

Well, has theer ever been an easier way to ruin data than by direct
(human) intervention? I think this isn't a problem. :)

> If you're interested, you can download my code, including sample XML-files

I'll definitely have a look!

Regards,
Karsten
--