[TYPO3-50-general] phpCRJackrabbit status & progress...

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Wed Nov 29 15:36:33 CET 2006

Hi folks, Sebastian, Ronny.

I just wanted to check up on the phpCRJackrabbit progress. Ronny Unger
did some changes to SVN 12 days ago, but since then nothing (and before)
happened in terms of implementation.

Since the Jackrabbit bridge is very important and a basic building block
for any further work I wonder why progress is slow and if there is
anything we can do to speed things up.

Implementing the interfaces can be a rather boring task at times - if
that is the reason for the slow progress there is not much I can do,
aside from pointing out that implementing this is important, gives fast
results and is the best introduction to the JSR-170 API...

If there is just a lack of time it might be good to just have a few more
  people working on this, as this is a task that can actually be "threaded".

If there are any open questions, then just ask!

If you wait for being able to start writing unit tests, check out
PHPUnit3, this is what will be used (yes, I just checked with Sven
Gähle), and place them in a Tests directory in your package and name
them accordingly "class.T3C_My_Component_Test.php"). Currently you'll
have to run them manually, but it's futur-proof. Sven, cast your veto if
I wrote nonsense. :)

Regards,
Karsten
--