[TYPO3-50-general] Lighttpd as "standard"

Johannes Reichardt typo3 at gramba.de
Tue Nov 14 17:29:17 CET 2006

Hi Masi,

> Well, built-in is fine. AFAIK, TYPO3 has been changed to set cache control
> headers correctly, so admins have already successfuly used Apaches builtin
> cache/proxies.
>
> If you think that lighttpd needs some more http headers for caching see if
> we can add them via hooks. AFAIK there are already some for the purpose of
> caching.

As i see the cache/proxy solutions only cache full webpages - which is
great but in en-vogue "web 2.0" applications with logged in users for
example
you have a big mix of static and dynamic most of the time which sucks
most performance. I think about something like a session/condition based way
to return a functions data the normal way *or* from cached static data.

something like

<?php
class my_Componoent {
    function my_Component() {
       return t3_core->cache(showUserInfo(),'CACHE CONDITIONS HERE');
   }
   function showUserInfo() [
       return 'foo';
    }