[TYPO3-50-general] Documentation update

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Nov 10 10:36:22 CET 2006

Robert Lemke schrieb:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>
>> Secion 1:
>>
>> Allows only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 but the examples show underscores.
>>
>> The examples for method names are wrong.
>

> That's a copy-paste error - I was too tired yesterday. Of course
> underscores are allowed for the class name, but only for separating the
> package name from the component name from the sub component name.
>
> I fixed that in the documentation.
>
>> I suggest that a file for a class may only contain the class itself.
>> Allowed are only requires and maybe the XCLASS code. No definition of
>> functions or even executed code.
>

> Generally I agree (didn't I write that somewhere in the documentation?).

I mentionited it because I missed it, but I may have overlooked it.

> There may be exceptions, like for the class.TYPO3.php for example (which
> contains an __autoload function) and the global exception handler.

Well, I can think of reason for exceptions too, but I think we can weaken
rules later on. Once you have stuff everywhere it's hard to get rid of it.

> So, what do you think about the rules for classes / objects in general?
> Do they become clear through the documentation?

Yes.

Another typo:

An interface file's name must start with interface. and must end with .php,
in between is full interface name:

CLASS.[interfacename].php

I'm not so into PHP5 yet, but is it possible to abbreviate "interface" here?

Speaking of abbreviation. I think we will get tired of long names like
"configuration_foobar". A "conf_foobar" is more then sufficient.

Masi