[TYPO3-50-general] Getting rid of DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Dec 14 15:57:38 CET 2006

Hi Karsten,

Am 14.12.2006 um 15:12 schrieb Karsten Dambekalns:

> What I want to say is: let's remove this ugly thing and just use /
> everywhere. Agreed?

+1

Will you change it?

> For the sake of completeness: when calling local commands with exec()
> and friends one has to use the "right" separator, this is when it
> might
> come in handy...

I was not sure about it as it appears in the source of various
projects, including PEAR and ezComponents [1]. But of course it's
really ugly having to use a constant so I'm all for removing it. And
- I don't have Windows, so I don't care tooooo much if something
weird happens with IIS.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/svn-components@lists.ez.no/msg03017.html

--
robert