[TYPO3-windows] windows links in typo3

Daniel Nyeky dnyeky at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 13:29:49 CET 2012

Hello,

first, I apologise if i sent this question to wrong list, Im not sure which
list is the proper one for it.

I have one question regarding external links in Typo3. We are using Typo3
as intranet CMS in windows environment. We have issue, where our users try
to insert links to files (in text or as external links). They do this,
because the content of the files is being changed frequently and they link
many files. Usually our users use links formatted as either
\\server_name\folder\file.doc or Z:\folder\file.doc.  Unfortunatelly, Typo3
always adds http:// prefix to these links, so they look like this:
http://Z:\folder\file.doc.
Can this behaviour be switched off? Or even better, where can i modify
Typo3 to have one more option in the External Link module for windows
formatted links?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Daniel Nyeky.