[TYPO3-windows] Error : Could not connect to SQL database!

Carel van Dam carelvdam at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 13:54:35 CET 2011

Hi again,

I've manage to fix the problem using a heap of patiance (I've been trying to
get this right since november last year) and a little help from a nice
fellow called Mr. Krueger. For those of you who have downloaded the Andreas
Eberhard zip file from http://typo3.org/download/installers/ you need to
extract the folder from the zip file this will create a folder called
TYPO3Winstaller. Copy this folder directly into your C drive i.e.
"C:\TYPO3Winstaller\..." do not copy it to the "program files" folder on
your PC. Then run the typo3.exe for the first time. Now when you log into
the install tool go to basic configuration and replace localhost with the
address 127.0.0.1 where it says Host, so for me this reads host:
127.0.0.1:8501. Do not leave the port out.

I hope this helps some one. I had very little luck to date with Typo3
perhaps now it'll perk up :D I hope my two cents helps atleast one person
out there.

regards,

Carel