[TYPO3-windows] Typo3 Backend 500 Server Error After Upgrading toT3 4.3.1 on Windows 2008 IIS7

Pim Broens - Redkiwi broens at redkiwi.nl
Fri Jan 15 09:42:45 CET 2010

Hi,

> Typo3 install tool reports that writeable folders are indeed
writeable,
> and
> considering we already recreated all junction directories, which is
almost
> like installing typo3 fresh, then what can we try next to resolve this
> backend.php error?
>

> - Junaid

I've actually had some similar problems with my installation. Might be
the same issue. I believe that there might be some .htaccess files that
aren't escaped (_.htaccess) in the TYPO3 folders which make for a bad
rewrite that isn't allowed. And in turn makes your server go 500 on you.
Maybe doing a search for those and escaping them might help you a bit?

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Pim Broens
Redkiwi