[TYPO3-windows] Error : Could not connect to SQL database!

Carel van Dam carelvdam at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 22:05:04 CET 2010

Hi,

I am trying to install TYPO 3 ver 4.4.4 on my local machine and I keep
getting the following error "Could not connect to SQL database!". The
installer I am using is called TYPO3Winstaller_Introduction_4.4.4.zip, which
I obtained from http://typo3winstaller.sourceforge.net/. I extract the zip
to a folder by the same name under program files (i.e. C:\Program
files\TYPO3Winstaller_Introduction_4.4.4\ ) and run the TYPO3 installer
therein. This fires up Apache and MySQL fine it seems and loads the defualt
TYPO3 Page. When I select basic configuration I get a pink mark with the
error message above.

I think it has something to do with the SQL Password but I'm not sure. I
have tried the following combinations, as well as using blanks :

Username : admin/root/administration
Password : password

I have tried looking for a similar error message and have had no luck so
far, I found one french website and saw something about changing the
localhost number from 8501 to 8507/3 which I also tried and had no luck.
I've also uninstalled TYPO 3 by deleting the folder and I've still had no
luck. I've appended the PHPinfo() message data below as the mail guidelines
say one should. If you can help in any way I'd appreciate it, I've been
trying to work this out for a few days now but no luck. I've seen some old
posts relating to the 1 2 3 GO version of TYPO 3 but they don't seem to
answer my problem. I really hope this is not a trivial question and that I'm
not waisting your time

My system specifications are as follows:

- TYPO3 Introduction Package Version 4.4.4
- Apache 2.0.63
- PHP 5.3.2
- MySQL 4.1.22
- GraphicsMagick 1.2.5
- AFPL Ghostscript 8.53
- phpMyAdmin 2.11.9.3
- Perl 5.8.8.820
- typo3start-Package Version 3.3.4
- Windows 7 (64bit)
Regards,

Carel

Debug information from PHPinfo() :

### DEBUG SYSTEM INFORMATION - START ###
HTTP_HOST           : localhost:8503
TYPO3_HOST_ONLY     : localhost
TYPO3_PORT          : 8503
PATH_INFO           :
QUERY_STRING        : TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
REQUEST_URI         : /typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
HTTP_REFERER        :
http://localhost:8503/typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=config
TYPO3_REQUEST_HOST  : http://localhost:8503
TYPO3_REQUEST_URL   :
http://localhost:8503/typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
TYPO3_REQUEST_SCRIPT: http://localhost:8503/typo3/install/index.php
TYPO3_REQUEST_DIR   : http://localhost:8503/typo3/install/
TYPO3_SITE_URL      : http://localhost:8503/
TYPO3_SITE_SCRIPT   : typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
TYPO3_SSL           :
TYPO3_REV_PROXY     :
SCRIPT_NAME         : /typo3/install/index.php
TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT : C:/Program Files
(x86)/TYPO3Winstaller/htdocs/Introduction
SCRIPT_FILENAME     : C:/Program Files
(x86)/TYPO3Winstaller/htdocs/Introduction/typo3/install/index.php
REMOTE_ADDR         : 127.0.0.1
REMOTE_HOST         :
HTTP_USER_AGENT     : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB;
rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-gb,en;q=0.5
CONST: PHP_OS       : WINNT
CONST: TYPO3_OS     : WIN
CONST: PATH_thisScri: C:/Program Files
(x86)/TYPO3Winstaller/htdocs/Introduction/typo3/install/index.php
CONST: php_sapi_name: apache2handler
OTHER: TYPO3_VERSION: 4.4.4
OTHER: PHP_VERSION  : 5.3.2
imagecreatefromgif(): 1
imagecreatefrompng(): 1
imagecreatefromjpeg(: 1
imagegif()          : 1
imagepng()          : 1
imagejpeg()         : 1
imagettftext()      : 1
OTHER: IMAGE_TYPES  : 15
OTHER: memory_limit : 256M
SERVER: SERVER_PORT : 8503
SERVER: SERVER_SOFTW: Apache/2.0.63 (Win32) PHP/5.3.2
SERVER: GATEWAY_INTE: CGI/1.1
SERVER: SCRIPT_NAME : /typo3/install/index.php
SERVER: PATH_TRANSLA:
T3CV_GFX: image_proc: 1
T3CV_GFX: gdlib     : 1
T3CV_GFX: gdlib_png : 1