[TYPO3-windows] help - graphicsmagick/combining images

Andreas Kiessling andreas.kiessling at web.de
Sat Aug 28 13:39:17 CEST 2010

Hi Jan,

i just wanted to confirm, that i didn't succeed in making neiter gm nor
im work on Windows 7 x64 with 4.4.2

I even tried the TYPO3Winstaller, but the gm in the 4.4.1 package didn't
work there too. My much older Winstaller installation with 4.2.9 however
had no problems with combining images.

A manual install of TYPO3 in XAMPP with seperated install of current
version of gm did not work, because gm crashed with errors (had nothing
to do with TYPO3), so i tried an older gm version as suggested on some
blogs. That recommended gm version didn't crash, but also didn't work :/

There were quite some changes in 4.3 with the escaping of shell commands
that caused lot of trouble on some setups with safe-mode. Probably that
has something to do with it.

You could install a linux server in a virtual machine, if you need these
functions locally. At least, that's how i circumvent "the windows problem".

HTH,
Andreas