[TYPO3-windows] WG: troubles to get typo3 on iis7 working

Mohr, Andreas Andreas.Mohr at teraport.de
Wed Dec 30 11:25:35 CET 2009

Hi Fernando

I tried the 4.3.0 Beta almost 2 months ago, but it was very buggy as not all classes were worked over yet to be compatible with php 5.3 and the obsolete messages that kept occurring messed up the typo3 installation badly. Installing php 5.2 and Typo3 4.2.11 worked fine under IIS7 after I found out how to avoid the 500 error messages I got. I am eager to install php 5.3 because there is a compilation especially made for Windows Server 2008 which I have no doubt will further optimize performance. So I would be grateful if you told me the exact version of your Windows Server (64bit?) and - if the following resolves your errors -  if PHP 5.3 and Typo3 4.3 then run stable... so here goes:

The cause for the 500 errors - in my case - was resolved by the following:
- Using Server Manager, check "hostname" - feature "ISAPI and CGI Restrictions" - make sure you add and allow all your executables and dlls here. I added Imagemagick, GS and Perl executables to the list. I am not sure if that is really necessary, but for me it works and I have not tried without.
- Using Server Manager, check "your site" - feature "Default Document" and make sure index.php is contained in the list.
- Using Server Manager, check "your site" - feature "Handler Mappings" - is the "module mapping" *.php | FastCgiModule | C:\your-path\php\php-cgi.exe configured and enabled?
- I am using the IIS7 feature "URL Rewrite" and this was tricky to configure, but after I used the correct rewrite Rules, the 500 Message was finally gone. If you are using URL Rewriting, make sure your rules are correct. I prefer to view/modify the ReWrite Rules by editing web.config in my web servers inetpub wwwroot directive.

Hope that resolves your issues. I did not have to change any htaccess files. If anything more comes across my mind I will drop you a note.

Hi Fernando,

> The error internal Server failure appears all the time!
>
> Hope anybody can help. Thank you
>
> Fernando

Running a steady TYPO3 4.2.10 install on IIS 7. Haven't tried the 4.3.0
yet but I think this should be possible.

Usually whenever I get a internal server error it has something to do
with my htaccess files. I believe there are a few htacess files with
some overwrite settings in the backend of TYPO3 4.3.0. Which might not
be allowed there. Search for those and change them to _.htaccess or
something.

Otherwise you should check the php error log for any clues to where the
error occurs, and maybe post it here then.

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Pim Broens