[TYPO3-windows] backend login fail

Pritesh Chandra priteshchandra at gmail.com
Sat May 24 07:11:53 CEST 2008

hi there,

I have php 5, apache 2 and mysql 5 and windows XP.

configured apache port to have typo3 run on http://localhost:8085/typo3/

I got typo3_src+dummy-4.2.0.zip from http://typo3.org/download/packages/

I downloaded version 4.2.0

then i extracted all the files to c:\project\typo3\

went to http://localhost:8085/typo3/typo3/install.php

In "2: Create new database (recommended):" filled typo3

imported the database.

Set the 123 steps was completed.  then i went to backend login and
used " (username may be: admin, password may be: password.)" but was
unsuccessful

then went to the database and looked up the be_users table.  it had
zero records.  so i went to Database Analyser: and did " 	Create
"admin" user" and
username: pritesh
password: pritesh and clicked the write to database

it stats that
User created
Username: pritesh
Password: pritesh

so i go back to the backend and login again using pritesh as username
and password but again no success.  I again checked the be_users table
and found zero records.

CAN some one please help me.  I have read the documentations on
typo3.org but couldnt find any solution to my problem.  why cant i
login to backend.

HELP needed.

thanks