[TYPO3-windows] TYPO3 Winstaller and backup

Gunnar Jonsson gu-jonss at online.no
Sat Jun 21 23:50:43 CEST 2008

I have installed TYPO3 Winstaller with TYPO3 4.2.1 on my Windows Vista PC.
Everything seems to function OK.

However, I would like to download an operating TYPO3 instance from UNIX and
set it up on my PC. I usually do the backup from UNIX with mysqldump on my
old PC with windows XP. When I installed TYPO3 Winstaller I did not find any
mysqldump.exe in the mysql/bin folder. I copied mysqldump.exe from my old
windows xp pc til my new vista PC, but then I got an error message like:
mysqldump: unknown option '--enable-named-pipe'
when I try to run a command line mysqldump.

Someone who knows what the problem is? Do I have to download and install a
newer myqsldump from somewhere? Or is TYPO3 Winstaller suggesting that I
should use some other program to take backup of the mysql database, since
mysqldump is not included in TYPO3 Winstaller?

Regards,
Gunnar Jonsson