[TYPO3-windows] URL Rewriting with IIS

Mohr, Andreas andreas.mohr at teraport.de
Wed Oct 17 19:21:23 CEST 2007

I hav worked it out in the following way, try it and please give
feedback if it works so I can optimize my documentation: please take
special not on the versions I used as the installation may differ for
other Versions. I use Typo3 4.2.1 under IIS 6

1. ISAPI_Rewrite
URL Rewriting for generating user and search engine friendly URLs
Download and Install http://www.helicontech.com. ISAPI_Rewrite 3 light
(freeware)
*Install ISAPI_Rewrite with default settings
*Setup automatically installs the ISAPI plugin to IIS
*Check if C:\Programs\ISAPI_Rewrite\ISAPI_Rewrite.dll is in the list of
allowed Web Service Extensions?
*From Start Menu open ISAPI_Rewrite Manager
*In the offered list of websites, select IIS Websites containing
[typo3site]
*Click edit and add a rewrite rule (adjustments might be necessary to
fit your needs) The default rewrite rule looks something like this
----
RewriteRule ^/[^/]*\.html$  /index\.php [L]
----
*By default, settings are saved to "C:\Program
Files\Helicon\ISAPI_Rewrite3\httpd.conf"
2.RealURL
*In Typo3 BE Extensions, install extension RealURL 1.1.4
*Adjust /typo3conf/localconf.php, add the following:

----
 	$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT'] = array(

	...there is plenty to be configured here, refer to realURL
documentation

	)
	);
	$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['requestURIvar'] =
'_SERVER|HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL';

----
*Especially the last line is important; it is a known bug with Typo3 4.x
that the configuration is not added after installing RealURL.
3.Set all baseURLs in Typo3
*Verify that your baseURL(s) are correctly configured in Typo3, for
example in your Main Templates. An example: in the configuration section
of your template add:

----
	[globalString = IENV:TYPO3_SITE_URL=http://site.domain.com/]
	config.baseURL = http://site.domain.com/
	[GLOBAL]

----
*Also check for configuration of baseURLs for other URLs, such as
http://[host].[domain].[tld] and http://localhost, and if you are using
ssl https://...