[TYPO3-windows] IIS 6.0 and php + Default SMTP server

Darko Jr. Gonzalez jkokino at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 17:03:50 CEST 2007

Hey folks

We have a client that has a IIS 6.0, including SMTP server on Windows
2003 server. Typo3 4.1.1 works all fine so far. I configured everything
and works great, but one thing I am not sure how to enable and properly
configure is the "sendmail" support? We have there php 5.2.3.
I know we have to edit
C:\windows\php.ini - two lines, sendmail host and the port
When I do testing, I get that the smtp server doesnt allow or cant relay
emails. I tried to add 127.0.0.1 as a relayhost IP on the SMTP server
but no luck.

Any hints from your experience?

Thanks
Darko