[TYPO3-windows] 0004965: renaming of localconf.php.TMP.php to localconf.php did not work on Windows platform

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Feb 15 22:17:28 CET 2007

Hello Ansgar,

> does anybody have this problem. It should be fixed but it is still
> active in 4.1rc1. It would be nice if you can give me a hint how to fix
> this porblem.

I have no Windows here, so I cannot test the problem. But maybe I can fix it
with your help?

> Here my Bugreport:
>
> This error should be fixed with version 4.0
>
> (http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TYPO3_4.0_Changelog) [^]
>
> 2006-02-01 Dmitry Dulepov <typo3 at accio.lv>
> * Fix: renaming of localconf.php.TMP.php to localconf.php did not work
> on Windows platform

Seems to work fine on Windows platforms - I'm sure someone would have
reported this bugger during the last 12(!) months.

> Every time i made any changes with the install tool it says:
> " Writing to 'localconf.php':
> No values were changed, so nothing is updated! "
>
> A look at typo3_src\typo3conf shows that there is a file called
> localconf.php.TMP.php which contains the correct values.

Seems like the file copy is not working then. Can you please do this:

- Open t3lib/class.t3lib_install.php and search for "Configuration written"
- Please remove the "@" before "unlink", "copy" above in this condition
- Some lines down, look for this line:

                                $this->messages[] = $msg;
and append this:

                                t3lib_div::debug($msg,'Message');

Next, force the error in the browser and search for "Message" to find any
errors.

Please report them directly under the corresponding bugtracker entry.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out