[TYPO3-windows] Any issues with Windows install?

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Sat May 20 16:12:29 CEST 2006

Hello Simon,

> I read this in the Packt TYPO3 book. It mentions on page 11 that a
> number of extensions require UNIX programs to operate.

It's not the extension itself who require *nix, but the use of third party
software, like catdoc and xpdf. But this isn't really a big issue. Mostly
you can find a windows version, and if not there are the opportunity to use
cygwin or even compile the source for use on windows.

Search the net for the different third party programs needed by indexed search,
DAM and pdf converting, and you will find most of what you need as windows
versions.

> samir gourroum wrote:
>
>> Indexed Search work perfectly with windows,you have only to choose
>> the catdoc and xpdf forwindows to index pdf and word document.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no