[TYPO3-windows] help with chosing the right versions

Pawel Stanislawczuk ps at todesign.pl
Fri May 19 10:25:28 CEST 2006

What about security? They are asking me, which ports I want to disable. I
think everything except port 80. I think I wont use newsletters, etc.

What about versions of Apache, PHP, MySQL and ImageMagick? Newest best ?

I see I have to extra download mod_rewrite, and Php_curl ?

Greetings,
Pawel Stanislawczuk
www.todesign.pl
Uzytkownik "Erik Svendsen (privat)" <erik at linnearad.no> napisal w wiadomosci
news:mailman.1519.1148026205.14535.typo3-windows at lists.netfielders.de...

> Hi list,
>
> Thing is a bit complicated for me, I never have to know which
> aplications to
> instal to get my TYPO3 work, I always installed my TYPO3 on
> commercial
> hosting, having them worring about applications.
>
> Now I have to choose all of this Apache, MySQL, PHP, versions
> on Microsoft
> Windows 2003 Serwer Web Edition.
>
> I read all of wiki articles about windows install, but that
> material is a
> bit old, And I don't know nothing about server side. My
> proposition for
> today is:
>

> eaccelerator-0.9.4.zip
> httpd-2.0.55-win32-src.zip ImageMagick-6.2.7-5-windows-source.zip
> mysql-4.1.19-win-src.zip
> php-5.0.5-Win32.zip

I have always used the executable versions of Apache, MySQL and ImageMagick
(static 32). GraphicsMagick is also a better choice, instead of ImageMagick.
You should also install GhostScript to enable AI and PDF.

> I want to deploy my TYPO3 on Apache.
> Are this versions and applications correct?
> Have I forgot about something?
> What about php_rewrite, php_iconv php_curl, etc. Are they
> already installed
> in this applications?

Suppose you mean mod_rewrite. Php_curl is an extension in php. Iconv should
be a standard part. In Apaches http.conf you have to enable the modules you
are using, mod_rewrite etc. Same in php.ini (gd2, exif, curl, mysql and so
on)

> Anybody have some expierience with this?
>

> Regards,
> Pawe³ Stanis³awczuk
> www.todesign.pl

Best