[TYPO3-windows] WAMP installation, but localhost empty

Els Coolen els at jrs.or.id
Tue Jul 11 04:35:42 CEST 2006

Dear,

I have tried to reinstall typo3_v4rc1_wamp on my Windows XP Home SP2. 10
months ago I used typo3 3.5 without any problems, could use quickstart,
testsite and dummy package offline to learn typo3. Now on my new laptop,
I want to start working with Typo again, but I can't seem to get the
WAMP working.

I installed it in C/apache, but when I hit localhost, either in Mozilla
Firefox or in IE, I just get an empty page. If i use "open file" and
open the apache/htdocs/index.php I get to the "Welcome to the TYPO3 WAMP
Installer" but cannot go any further. I cannot open the install tool.

I don't have much knowledge of PHP nor MySQL, but that didn't cause many
problems with version 3.5.

I have the Typo book, have read through all the available documentation
on installation, but the answer to my problem does not seem to be in there.

Could anyone please in a rather clear and simple matter explain me just
which steps I need to take to get the WAMP working so I can start
picking up where I left to learn this great CMS?

Thanks a million!
Els
Els Coolen
Information and Advocacy Manager - JRS Indonesia
Coordinator Indonesian Campaign to Ban Landmines

els at jrs.or.id - www.jrs.or.id
+62 813 28047871
Gang Cabe DPIII No9 Puren Pringwulung
Depok Sleman